Who We Are
BASIC NWFL, Inc. was founded on World AIDS Day in 1989 as a volunteer-governed, community-based organization that is based in Panama City, Florida. BASIC NWFL is also a United Way affiliated agency.
We currently serve residents in the six counties (Bay, Calhoun, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson and Washington), known as Area 2A, in the Central Florida Panhandle.
BASIC NWFL’s mission is to provide comprehensive services to those affected by HIV and related health disparities, while preventing new infections in the Area 2A.
BASIC NWFL’s vision is to provide easy access to care, treatment, and prevention to achieve optimal health outcomes for our clients, their families, and the public.
- BASIC NWFL welcomes clients by creating a culture of acceptance through genuine compassion without judgement in order to make them feel human.
- BASIC NWFL is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of services through the most current information, cultural competency, and resources available.
- BASIC NWFL is committed to being an anchor VIA a strong presence in the communities we serve by supporting clients, their families, and the public.
- BASIC NWFL strives to build trusting relationships in the communities served by maintaining complete confidentiality.
- BASIC NWFL’s diverse organizational structure encompasses staff, resources, and services in order to keep clients healthy, our communities engaged and the public informed.
- BASIC NWFL builds bridges in the community through partnerships, linkage to care, and referrals in order to best serve those in need.
Your financial support could change someone’s life.
As a nonprofit agency, BASIC NWFL relies on your generous donations and support. Your financial support could change someone’s life. Your donation today helps BASIC serve those who need our services most.