BASIC NWFL, Inc. is a volunteer governed, community based organization dedicated to aiding, assisting, and comforting those living with HIV/AIDS, their families and friends. At BASIC of Northwest Florida, we provide discrete and compassionate assistance without passing judgment.
BASIC also provides awareness, education, advocacy, linkage to care, prevention, testing and substance abuse/HIV education to the citizens of Bay, Calhoun, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, and Washington counties.
- Case Management — Individualized assistance in understanding medical and related needs and to formulate a plan of care
- Patient Drug Assistance — Helps obtain medications at little/no cost through drug manufacturers’ compassion programs
- Housing Opportunities — Housing and utility funding during transitional periods that often entail financial difficulty
- Ryan White Part B — Financial assistance for HIV-related needs/services and costs related to HIV complications
- Support Groups — For sharing feelings and ideas; and support dealing with medical and social issues
- Education and Prevention Department — Community educational forums, community outreach, and interventions, especially for those most at risk
- Testing — On-site, free and confidential HIV testing
- Central Panhandle Aids Network (CPAN) — Oversees planning for HIV services, and prioritizes services for funding allocation under Ryan White Part B
- RAP (Respect Awareness Prevention) — An HIV/ Substance Abuse prevention program to equip young adults with skills to make healthy life choices, funded by Gilead Sciences
- FULLY COMMITTED X — A Linkage to Care program, with emphasis on medication adherence, funded by Bay Health Foundation
- SMART Ride — Funding for services not commonly covered under Ryan White Part B such as eyeglasses, and other complex medical conditions. Funds are also utilized for preventative antibiotics, and/or other medication to treat ancillary illnesses. Finally, SMART Ride can assist clients with premium payments, co-pays, and deductibles.
- Bay Health Foundation — Provides additional funding to target adherence for FULLY COMMITTED program. Also, aids in the efforts to prevent spreading of HIV infection.
- CHIPCAP (Comprehensive HIV-Impact Prevention, Care, and Advocacy in the Panhandle) — Goals are to prevent and reduce new HIV infections, increase access to HIV/AIDS care and treatment, increase community collaborations and advocacy efforts and reduce HIV-related disparities among youth and young adults. Funded through Southern Impact Fund
- PrEP UP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) — A targeted program to prevent the contraction of the HIV infection when exposure has occurred, funded by Gilead Sciences
- U Think? — A prevention program for people who are at risk, comprised of condom distribution, one-on-one sessions, community event sessions, RESPECT, VOICES/VOCES and Partnership for Health